Lately I've received several requests for web site changes that don't make sense, either for our web site visitors or for us. The latest request reminded me of a comic I read a long time ago. It was a great comic, so I spent some time searching for it. I'm sure I'll want to reference it some day, so this post is to make sure I can easily find it again. And you may get a kick out of it.
Sunday, May 02, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
I found a helpful trick in Microsoft's Excel help for converting text to numbers in a range of cells. Thought I'd pass it along.
- Enter any number in a cell.
- Copy it (Ctl-C).
- Select the range that you want converted to numbers.
- Select the menu options Edit, Paste Special.
- Select "multiply" on the pop-up form.
- The range you selected should now contain numbers, not text.